The operation of an electric heater is only as good as its control system, therefore a tailor made, first class control system is offered by Vulcanic TEE with a range of options from the simple on ⁄ off control, to the most sophisticated burst fire⁄single cycle thyristor control.
Load splitting requirements can be divided into stages to give multi-thyristor control and in addition, combinations of thyristor and contactor control can be supplied to provide a fully synchronised system and limit impact on the power generation system.
Vulcanic TEE offers a total control system service including:
- Thyristor control system design
- Factory testing and quality control
- Step contactor sequence control
- PLC programming
- Spares and after sales service
- Engineering planning
- Ingress Protection up to IP66 (IEC), NEMA 4X (NEC)
- Suitable for outdoor installation
In-House Testing – in compliance with IEC439-1:1992 AS3439.1-1993
- Full load ⁄ Heat Soak Testing
- Harmonic Analysis
- RF Interference Testing
- Dielectric Checks – including HV Test with 500⁄1000V Megger Test before and after
- Visual Checks – including all labels and door earths
- Mechanical Checks – including mechanical interlock operation checks
- Electrical checks – including MCCB⁄ACB setting, Fuse and conductor ratings, functionality and overloads
Flameproof Control Panels
Flameproof control panels can be supplied by Vulcanic TEE. To enable local control of ThermalEx™ hazardous area heaters these control panels are an ideal solution.
- EEx ‘d’ IIB T1 to T6 Zone 1 & 2 to IP65 (in accordance with IEC529)
- From -20 to +40°C
- Marine grade aluminium cast alloy
You can also view Vulcanic TEE’s white paper on the use of IECEx certification in hazardous area heating, by downloading the PDF.